The Berkeley Haas Alumni Network – Los Angeles chapter (BHAN-LA) Undergraduate Leadership Scholarship is a competitive merit-based scholarship program open to students from greater Los Angeles. Qualified applicants are Haas undergraduate students who demonstrate leadership potential or have already demonstrated leadership within their studies, professional experience, extracurricular activities, communities, and/or families and have a strong academic record. Additionally, BHAN-LA seeks to raise awareness of the Los Angeles chapter by engaging students and alumni during the application process to encourage students to become active alumni who want to make a long-term commitment to Berkeley and Haas.
The organization is a grass-roots effort that is organized, administered, and funded by its activities and partnering organizations. The scholarship process engages alumni to assist in the selection of candidates by reading applications and interviewing scholarship award finalists. It is our goal to both financially assist qualified applicants to complete their education and simultaneously build interest in BHAN-LA to encourage students to join the Haas alumni community in Los Angeles when they graduate.
- All currently enrolled Haas students (juniors and seniors) or sophomore undergraduate students that have gained acceptance to the Haas School of Business for Fall 2018 are encouraged to apply.
- The BHAN-LA Scholarship is a one-time award. Students may reapply for each year for which they are eligible and the scholarship program is offered.
- Students’ permanent address must be in Los Angeles with an expressed intention to return to the greater Los Angeles area upon graduation.
- Applicants must have had a 3.0 average or better to be considered.
At least one winner will be awarded a $1000 for the Fall semester, commencing with the Fall 2018 term. Winners will be notified as soon as possible as noted in the schedule below.
- Applications available to students February 10, 2018
- Application Deadline March 1, 2018
- Finalist Interviews will be held March 24, 2018 in Los Angeles
- Award recipients will be notified, April 15, 2018