Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Market Trends & Insights
It’s been about five years since the last peak in the real estate markets. Since then, a majority of cities have suffered from decreasing occupancy, rental rates, and property values. In addition, building owners and lenders have had to undertake work-outs on over a trillion dollars worth of distressed properties in an economy that has been described as the ‘new normal’; that is, an economy that has been buoyed by low interest rates but with more stringent underwriting standards, limited job growth, and public policy uncertainty.
Join our distinguished panelists to discuss the recent state of the real estate market, the near-term outlook on the economy, and underlying trends that will affect real estate development, operations, investment, financing, and sustainability.
Opening Remarks – Moderator:
- Robert Edelstein, Co-Chair, Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics, Professor and Maurice Mann Chair in Real Estate, Haas School of Business
- Mark Fluent, Head of Commercial Real Estate Banking – Western Region, Deutsche Bank
- Mark Laderman, Managing Director, Regional Director – Southern California, Tishman Speyer
- Sara Neff, Director, Sustainability Programs, LEED AP, Kilroy Realty
- Todd Tydlaska, Director, Investment Sales – West Coast, CBRE
When: Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Time: 6:00PM to 9:00PM
The Olympic Collection
11301 Olympic Blvd. (just off the 405 Freeway)
West Los Angeles, CA 90064
* $25, Student Rate (with valid student ID at check-in) – limited quantity available: first-come, first-serve
* $45, Professional Early Registration Rate, before April 17th
* $60, Professional ‘Walk-Up’ Registration Rate, day of April 17th – occupancy limit, cash only
* Networking reception includes appetizers
* Business casual dress is encouraged
* Self, Valet, and Street parking is available.
To register, visit our event page at:
We hope you can make it!